The Silma S.r.l. website (hereinafter, respectively, the “Site” and “Silma”)), which can be visited at https://www.silmaster.com/, uses some cookies for users. With this policy, Silma informs the user about the cookies installed by the Site alone, their characteristics and related management methods. For the cookies installed on any other websites that can be reached through the Site, users are instead invited to consult the relative cookie policies.
WHAT COOKIES ARE
Cookies are small text files (generally made up of letters and numbers), which are saved on the device used by the user (computer, tablet, mobile phone or other mobile device) and examined each time the user accesses the Site. Cookies make it technically possible to record, for a certain period of time (variable depending on the duration of use), information useful to ensure that the Site is easily usable and effective, as well as to understand how the user uses the Site and what the preferences he showed.
There are different types of cookies:
based on the duration of their use,
- session cookies, which are automatically removed at the end of the browser session; and
- permanent cookies, which remain stored in the user’s device even after the browser session has ended;
based on the person who installs them on the user’s device,
- first-party (or proprietary) cookies, which are installed by the website the user is visiting; and
- third-party cookies, which are installed by a website other than the one the user is visiting.
These cookies allow users to use third party programs and functions present on the Site. They do not require consent, because they are installed to guarantee users the services they have requested.
The Site uses various links, which allow users to visit Silma’s LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook profiles. These links – which also appear as icons of the related social networks – do not involve the installation of third-party cookies.
METHOD OF TREATMENT
Personal data may be known and processed by Silma staff, duly instructed on the precautions to be taken as provided for by the Applicable Privacy Law.
COOKIES AND BROWSER OPTIONS
Users are advised that, by changing the settings of the browser used, they always have the possibility to delete the cookies already installed and not to accept new ones.
The procedures to follow to change these settings are different for each type of browser and each operating system used.
Here are the links relating to the cookie settings of the most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it;
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie;
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265 (for IPhone, IPad and IPod Touch) https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac (for MacBook);
- Windows Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- Windows Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy.
Users can find more information on the main cookies used on the internet and on how to uninstall them by consulting the Network Alliance Initiative opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page, or the site http://youronlinechoices.eu.
COOKIES USED BY THE SITE
When the user visits the Site, the Site itself installs some cookies on the device used by the user.
These session or permanent cookies make a website usable. By allowing, for example, navigation between pages or access to restricted areas.
Here are the necessary cookies that are installed when visiting the Site:
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||silmaster.com||This cookie determines whether the user has accepted the cookie consent box||1 year||HTTP|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||silmaster.com||Like above||1 year||HTTP|
These cookies are used to collect statistical information in aggregate form on the number of users who visit the Site, and on the ways in which they visit the Site. For example, they allow you to know how many and which pages are most and least visited, how long users have spent on average on the Site, which keywords were most used by users on search engines to reach the Site.
Here are the statistical cookies that are installed – with the consent of the users – in case of a visit to the Site:
|_ga||silmaster.com||Register a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||2 years||HTTP|
Last updated: January 2022