The Silma S.r.l. (hereinafter, “Silma”) provides users of its website (hereinafter, the “Site”, which can be visited at https://www.silmaster.com/en/) the following information, in compliance with Article 13 of the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (or General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter “GDPR”) and subsequent national adjustment legislation (hereinafter referred to, together with the GDPR, as “Applicable Privacy Law”). In fact, during the consultation of the Site, information relating to users is collected, which constitutes personal data pursuant to the Applicable Privacy Law.
The information is provided exclusively for the aforementioned Site, and not for other sites accessible via links on it.
DATA PROCESSING HOLDER
The data controller of personal data is Silma S.r.l. | Via Lombarda, 97 – 59016 Poggio a Caiano (PO), Italy | VAT: IT01868610971| firstname.lastname@example.org
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
Below are specified the data that are processed by Silma in the event that the user uses the Site.
The user assumes responsibility for any personal data of third parties entered on the Site and / or otherwise provided to Silma, and guarantees that he has the right to communicate or disseminate them – thus freeing Silma from any liability towards the aforementioned third parties.
Personal data acquired automatically when visiting the Site
- Browsing data. Silma automatically collects data on the device (PC, tablet, mobile phone or other mobile device) and the connection used by the user, including, for example, the IP address, the date and time of access, information on hardware and software, information on events concerning the device, unique identifiers, crash data, and the pages viewed by the user before or after using the Site.
Personal data provided directly by the user
- Data necessary to use the services provided through the Site
- Data provided through requests for information via e-mail. If the user, to request information from Silma, voluntarily sends e-mails to the addresses indicated on the Site, or uses the form in the “Contacts” section, Silma acquires the e-mail address and any personal data of the user (and / or third parties) included in the text of the email, as well as – for the form in the “Contacts” section – the name, surname, institution or company to which it belongs.
These data are necessary to allow the user to request the services provided by Silma. If the user does not want to provide such data, he will not be able to take advantage of these services.
PURPOSE OF TREATMENT
Contribute to the functioning of the Site; provide the user with the services that Silma provides through the Site; comply with current legislation or pursue other needs of public interest.
In fact, user data is processed:
- to operate, measure, improve and keep safe the Site and the services rendered through it;
- to prevent, detect and mitigate security breaches, fraud and potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
Pursue the legitimate interests of Silma in such a way that these interests do not prevail over the user’s fundamental rights and freedoms.
In fact, user data is processed:
- to identify and resolve problems encountered by the user in using the Site (for example, blocked or non-functional pages);
- to know the user’s opinions through surveys or questionnaires.
These treatments protect Silma’s interest in keeping the Site functioning, safe and efficient. Furthermore, they do not harm the user’s fundamental rights and freedoms, as they are predictable and widespread treatments on each site. Furthermore, these treatments benefit the user himself, allowing the Site to continue to function, to be safe and efficient.
METHOD OF TREATMENT
Personal data may be known and processed by Silma’s staff, duly instructed on the precautions to be taken provided for by the Applicable Privacy Law.
DURATION OF TREATMENT
The user’s personal data are kept (according to the criteria referred to in recital 39 and art. 5, paragraph 1, letter e) of the GDPR) for a period necessary to ensure the functioning of the Site. This period, in each case, it cannot exceed 5 years from collection.
The user’s personal data may be kept for longer periods than those just seen only if this is necessary for Silma to fulfill the legal obligations falling on them or to protect a right in court.
Upon expiry of these retention terms, the user’s data is deleted, or permanently anonymized.
COMMUNICATION OF DATA
Silma will communicate the personal data of users only and exclusively to the subjects and for the purposes indicated below.
Fight against illegal acts, fraud and security breaches
Silma may communicate users’ personal data to third parties who are involved in preventing, detecting and mitigating potentially illegal acts, fraud and security breaches.
Law enforcement, judicial proceedings and methods authorized by law
Silma may communicate the personal data of users to Judicial Authorities, Public Authorities or authorized third parties, in cases where the law provides for it. As well as, in general, in cases where it is necessary to fulfill legal obligations or verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or to respond to claims of others regarding the rights, property or safety of Silma, its employees or users.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTIES
Only in the cases and with all the limits provided for by art. 15-22 G.D.P.R., the user has the right – at any time, free of charge and without special charges and formalities – to:
- obtain confirmation of the fact that Silma processes your personal data;
- access your personal data, and know its origin, the purposes and purposes of processing, the retention period and information regarding third parties to whom the personal data are disclosed;
- withdraw your consent at any time, if this constitutes the basis of the processing;
- update or correct your personal data collected by Silma, so that they are always exact and accurate;
- exercise the cd. right to be forgotten, or to ensure that your personal data collected by Silma are deleted from Silma’s databases and / or archives, including backups;
- limit the processing of your personal data by Silma;
- oppose the processing, for those personal data processed to pursue needs of public interest or legitimate interests of Silma;
- receive the data – processed by Silma with the user’s consent, or to fulfill Silma’s contractual obligations towards the latter – in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device; the user can then transmit this data to third parties, without Silma being able to prevent this in any way;
- be notified, in a reasonable time, of any corrections, cancellations or limitations of the processing ordered by Silma, as well as any revocation of such measures and the reasons behind the revocations.
The user can exercise these rights by sending a written request to Silma without formalities, by sending a specific e-mail to the address email@example.com.
Once the aforementioned e-mail has been received, Silma will fulfill the request within one month of receiving it. This deadline may be extended by two months – upon notice to the user – taking into account the complexity and number of requests.
Silma reminds the user that, if the response to his requests has not been satisfactory in his opinion, he / she can contact and lodge a complaint with the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/ ) in the ways provided for by the Applicable Privacy Law.
Last updated: January 2022